Here to help parents be better parents!
If you reading this, you are taking the first step in being a great parent! In terms of helping your child at school, this is one of the great starting spots to learn how. See upcoming events. See how you can volunteer. See where the needs are and how you can help. I try very hard to break things down to what is important vs. nice to know, what it means to a mom or dad, and how will this affect my family. The goal is to make it easy being a good parent and that you can be meaningfully engaged in a way that makes you feel on top of the world!
Join the PTA! … click here for the enrollment form.
See what the PPE PTA does for all students… click here.
Getting Involved Right Away!
As we start school we are looking for you to be involved right away and take advantage of seeing your child blossom and also learn more of the school. We are always looking for parents to have a meaningful connection to school and what better way that to help and be instrumental in making our school great.
School is a great place for children but it becomes even better with the help of parents. Parents come in and volunteer because they want to make that special connection with children. They want a better school experience not only for their child, but others as well, and with their help we can do all the “extras” that make things go smooth, look nice and put that personal touch of something special. Thank you to all parents that have come in this month to lend that helping hand. You are priceless!
Getting off to a great start…
With all the events and happenings of a school we will do our best to communicate. Here are the common ways to stay connected:
- School Web Site…. this site is updated frequently and has many forms that you can print and send in!
- Facebook…. “Like Pleasant Prairie Elementary School and get inside perspectives of the school and important updates and reminders.
- Staff Websites… all staff will now have websites that allow you to know more of who they are, their contact information, their schedules and resources for parents. Search by the tabs on top called “Teachers” or “Contact”
- School emails – sign up on the front page of our email and stay connected with periodic helpful pieces that help you plan for your family. These are often reminders more so than advertisements and help with dates, events and simple pieces that help sort out the important and timely things at school
- Call us! Our school office number is (262) 359-2104. Spanish 359-2158
- Email – this is the preferred way by teachers as it is easiest and quick. We will do our best to return all emails within 24 hours or likely that same day.
- Notes, Assignment notebooks and messages can be sent with the students.
- Thursday Folders – these come home each week to help with all those announcements, graded papers and upcoming permission slips.
- Monday Newsletters – these are crafted to be the academic pieces and answers that question: “what is going for the week and how can I help?” This is a great fridge piece and helps you sort out homework loads.
Learn more about Vigeo Xchange
Join vigeoXchangeⓇ! It’s free, it’s easy and it’s year-round. Earn Cash Back for PPE PTA and Cash Back for you simply by making purchases at participating local businesses. Everybody wins!
Get started by filling out the vigeoXchange.com registration form to create your free Vigeo account linked to PPE PTA https://vigeoxchange.com/RegistrationEvent?needId=1196
Find more than 75 participating local businesses to choose from that are giving back through vigeoXchange. http://m.vigeoxchange.com/
How does it work?
- Visit a participating business.
- Mention you’re a vigeoXchange member when checking out and provide your registered phone number.
- Earn Cash Back for you and PPE PTA!
Welcome our PTA Board
Brittany Chartier – President
Kristin Manning- Vice President
Ashley Lennon – 2nd Vice President
Darlene Franz – Treasurer
Alison Binion – Secretary